Saturday, March 08, 2008

I Will Have a Headache Soon

Oops, I didn't take the masters-level prerequisite course for the doctorate-level statistics class I am now in - but I'm hanging in there anyway! :)

A few things I am doing tonight in addition to writing here:
* Compute an estimate of the standardized effect size (Cohen's d) for the analysis and provide a full interpretation of it.

* Create a new variable that takes the natural log of [the variable from the last question]. Explain your opinion about the assumption of normality in an analysis with this new variable.

* Plan a new study on electoral voting with statistical power of .80. Use G8Power3 to find the required sample size using the estimated effect size from the analysis you just completed and a .05 type I error rate. Report both the estimate of the noncentrality parameter and the required sample size.

Wahoo!

No comments: