Saturday, September 01, 2007

Poets of the City


Our local arts community is growing - we just hosted 9 of the best spoken word artists from around the country at one event last night! Poets of the City hosted it at the U of MN and not only was it an amazing show, but I was just really proud that our little town on the prairie has reached the level that we can attract things like this! Two of the young poets I've worked with in recent years provided the opening act, and that was pretty powerful too.

Of course all the poets were from cities bigger than ours - LA, Atlanta, New York, Baltimore, Milwaukee... that's where the spoken word scene really thrives. But I know we have professional poets here - Sha Cage, Frank Sentwali - who are right up there with the talent I saw last night.

I love Minneapolis!

No comments: