Thursday, July 26, 2007

This Is It!

Tomorrow is the big day - I take my only child off to college!

We are NOT driving - I don't see that as the best way to spend our last couple of days together! We are bringing most of her stuff with us on the plane & shipping a box or two. Having family in the area makes the shipping part much easier! We weighed all her bags & even the very largest was under 50 lbs, so all of that comes with us for free.

We have had some drama with U Penn - the latest was over insurance during the summer program she's attending - but to their credit they have figured everything out every time. Her case is more complicated than most - I suspect she may be the first foster kid they have ever accepted - but they have managed to make everything work out in the end. I appreciate that they seem to really want her there!

I loved college so much - and I want that for her. I want her to LOVE it. I think it's the perfect way to transition into adulthood - on your own, making your own choices, but still part of a pretty sheltered community (with someone else still cooking for you!) What more could a kid ask for? :)

So tomorrow morning we're off. Wish us Godspeed.


No comments: