Saturday, July 21, 2007

Red State Heaven, part 3

I generally try to avoid Wal-Mart - I'm a good union member - and if you've ever been in a Wal-Mart you know that it can be a scary experience: loooooong rows & rows & rows of just about everything you can think of - all cheap in price and quality. The monster Wal-Mart by our cabin has everything from fabrics to hunting supplies. It freaks me out.

But occasionally when we're at the cabin there are things we need that can only be found at Wal-Mart. Recently, I needed a few more deck chairs, and Target didn't have the kind I wanted because it's already the middle of July, and Target's seasonal stuff doesn't stick around long.


So I braced myself and went to Wal-Mart. They not only had the chairs, but they had lots of them for about $5 each. Scary. I bought 6. But what really amazed me wasn't that...

Wal-Mart now offers a Wedding Registry.



No comments: