Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself

I just added English Al-Jazeera to my list of links. I did it because when I stumbled on it - from the Baghdad Burning site - I thought it was cool to see how other folks view the world. I was entertained that they had the Superbowl right on the front page of the site.

Then I thought - should I do that? What if the hunt for terrorists goes so far as to look for people with such connections?

Then I thought - LORD HAVE MERCY - this is America! Yes, we persecute our own with the best of them, but heaven forbid I should ever censor myself because I'm afraid of a witch-hunt. (I'll censor myself for professional or personal reasons, but hopefully never political!!!) And let me never be in the crowd that didn't speak up because it wasn't me they were coming for!

So I have added Al-Jazeera BECAUSE if this administration gets even crazier and starts coming for folks like me who do simple things like that, I'll be ready to stand on principle. My daughter is Muslim and I will look at Al-Jazeera is I darn well feel like it. You should go check it out just to say you did.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/55ABE840-AC30-41D2-BDC9-06BBE2A36665.htm#

No comments: