Saturday, October 13, 2007

Emily X - Not Me, but It Could Be

Interesting concept - a woman who works at a Planned Parenthood clinic started a blog to share her experience there, including the protesters, the work... the whole deal. Worth a look!

I suspect much of Gen X takes legal abortion for granted - it's been legal for most of our lives. Even if we don't it ourselves, we see that it's a necessary option for some folks and just expect it to be there. I sort of know in the back of my mind that abortion rights have actually been scaled back in recent years and in some states it's almost impossible to get one, but it's not high on the radar. I did some fundraising for the MN Religious Coalition for Reproductive Rights when I was in college - we do so much more volunteering in college! - but not actively involved since then.

Emily X lets us see what's really going on - check it out and see if it matches your expectations.

No comments: