Sunday, September 17, 2006

Thinking about X

I haven't thought much about Gen X lately - probably because I'm too busy. Is that where we all are right now? Too busy to stop & think about the state of the world and our place in it?

A classmate was talking about that yesterday - that one thing he hopes to get out of this class (grad level leadership theory - more fun than it sounds) is the chance to stop & think about things, and not just go-go-go.

I agree. Sometimes I think I'm nuts for pursuing another degree when all it's really getting me is debt, but I love the opportunity to spend time wrapping my brain around (arguably) important issues.

It's interesting to me that there is so little in the press about Gen X and where we are right now. Maybe as more leaders like Keith Ellison, Meria Carstarphen and Barak Obama ascend we'll see folks taking a little more time to think about it...

No comments: