Saturday, July 01, 2006

Post from Santa Cruz

I was too busy to get to the computer while in Santa Cruz this week, but we can pretend! ;) Interesting to be in California & have the weather be cooler than Minneapolis, but that was the case. It was beautiful, but mostly in the 70's.

The training I attended was an excellent example not only of great professional development, but of Gen X at the helm - an organization run by 3 people pretty close to my age! The guy who ran our training was actually several years younger than I am. (I love that!) The woman who led the small group I worked with for the week was about 27, but had no problem leading folks of all ages.

When folks know what they're doing - become experts in one particular area - age ceases to matter and expertise becomes the currency. Onward & upward, Gen X! :)

No comments: