Saturday, December 31, 2005

Where’s the Outrage?

12-30-05 Molly Ivins correctly points out today that Nixon was driven from office over a crime just like what Bush has done – and there is no surprise that so many of the same players (Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc) have been involved w/ both administrations.

The big question she raises is whether the public will summon the outrage this time necessary to remove him from office. I suspect not, and I suspect that the reason is that some of us have been outraged at Bush for 6 years to no effect…

If outrage at needless deaths gets us nowhere, how can we summon outrage for the trampling of our rights? It’s hard for me, personally, to get in a tizzy about my privacy rights when my brother made it home from the Middle East alive. I know I should, but... This administration sucks on so many levels that it’s hard to stay sane unless you flat out ignore it. (Yes, that makes us complicit. And just as bad. And wussies.)


Check out the whole column (at least for a few days) at: http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv

Happy new year.

No comments: