Saturday, December 31, 2005

Merry Tuesday after Xmas

12-27-05
Christmas was nice - it always is.


This week is the time of hearing from friends who either avoided their family or went (or hosted) and then regretted it. It amazes me how problematic folks can make the holidays. Why are some people so unkind to their own relatives? I don't get it. The "reason for the season" seems to get lost in the chaos...

Maya Angelou's new poem "Amazing Peace" speaks to the peace that we all want, yet find so hard to attain in today's culture:

"...We are thrilled by its presence.
It is what we have hungered for.
Not just the absence of war. But, true Peace.
A harmony of spirit...
Security for our beloveds and their beloveds...

Peace, my brother.
Peace, my sister.
Peace, my soul."

Amen.

No comments: