Thursday, April 05, 2007

Proud Mama

So it turns out that my lovely daughter was accepted to 7 of the 9 schools she applied to - including Columbia and Penn. Wahoo!!! But now she has to choose between them... (Yeah, nice problem to have! ;) She was accepted to Penn, Columbia, Macalester, George Washington (GW), American, Rollins and Whittier.

I have been bragging ridiculously!

Conveniently, both of the Ivies have offered to pay to fly her out to visit - but at certain times that are not congruent and thus involve her being away from school for several days. So we're trying to figure out how to fit trips to NYC and Philly between her play performances, debutante rehearsals (don't ask) and homework...

It's interesting, because I never went through any of this myself - I was dead-set on the U of MN and that's where I went. But I do remember how excited I was to arrive there, how much I loved the campus, dorm life, even classes... and I want all that for her! With the choices in front of her, there is no doubt that she'll get it.

Again, nice problem to have, I know. I'll shut up now.

No comments: