Sunday, April 22, 2007

Post from NYC

Three days is enough to remind me why I love this city - as a visitor.

I love the mix of people and the constant energy. I love the wide - wide - wide range of options for things to do! I love the juxtaposition of beautiful old architecture with brand new, creative designs. I love hearing different languages as I pass by people on the street & overhear snippets of conversation. I enjoy random things like finding a Whole Foods in the basement of the AOL TIme Warner building. Smoked salmon sushi and other ethnic "fusion" flavors.

Maybe it's the new job that is anchoring me at home, but I just don't feel the pull to LIVE out here that I have in the past. I think provincial things like, "not enough grass" as I walk down the sidewalk. I love the skyline, but not the temperature drop as I walk in the shadow of those same buildings. Central Park, which used to enthrall me, now seems no different than any of the Twin Cities' lakes or river parks.

However, if my kid moves out here, I sure won't mind visiting - the flights are comparatively cheap and always non-stop! :)

No comments: