Friday, October 06, 2006

"I was a Republican..."

"I was a Republican until they lost their minds."
- Charles Barkley

In his Oct 2 New York Times column, Paul Krugman includes this quote as an example of how the "right-wing coalition" of religious and economic conservatives seems to be crumbling. He argues that because the alliance was never one of shared goals, but rather of utility, it was always vulnerable to the kind of stress it feels today.

No shock there...

The Foley scandal cracks me up - the hypocrisy is nothing but amusing. And now that the Republicans are bringing their convention to the Twin Cities in 2008 (great strategy to push our purple state a little redder!) it makes me wonder how the cities will like playing host to all that! I found extensive coverage of their last convention still archived on New York Magazine's site: http://nymag.com/rnc/index.htm - some very funny stuff!


No comments: