Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Gotta Stay In More…

I was bummed to see that the NYTimes polled “a couple of hundred prominent writers, critics, editors and other literary sages” asking what they thought the best fiction of the last quarter-century was… and I have only read ONE of the books that made the list. Because I like to be able to say I’ve read everything Toni Morrison has written, I at least have read “Beloved” - but I haven’t even heard of half the other books on the list. Where have I been?

Maybe I can blame it on going back to grad school – as I look around my living room, the only books getting any use seem to be textbooks! That’s not cool. At least now I have a summer reading list that’s not from a professor…

www.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/books/fiction-25-years.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a life, you see real people. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE books. But people come first!