Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Holiday Detox

There is a lot that I love about the Christmas holiday season - the lights are at the top of the list, for sure - but I don't revel in the over-abundance of it. It truly can be too dang much.

So it felt like a fine time for me to give up sugar, caffeine, alcohol, & dairy. I decided to do this during our 2-week winter break from school. Two weeks seems like a reasonable amount of time - long enough to be meaningful and short enough to be doable. So far, so good. We'll see if & how long it lasts after the two weeks are up.

I think detoxing is a good way to honor Christ. Going all-out at Christmas never felt right to me. It's certainly not what Jesus asked of us or wanted for us. I can't imagine he would smile at all the STUFF under our tree!  (Maybe we should treat Advent a little more like Lent - scale back for a month before the big day?)

Detoxing over the holiday season actually feels pretty good. :)


No comments: