Monday, August 18, 2008

Post after the Road Trip

I've become a slacker with regard to posting from the road - we had pretty regular computer access, but were too entertained to think of posting!

I just returned from a 3-day cross-country road trip with my 19-year-old daughter. Apparently we have both matured a lot over the last year because we had a GREAT time! No car trouble (blessedly) and a couple fun stops with friends.

My trip actually took me from DC to Deep Creek, MD to Philly to Chicago (via suburban Cleveland) and then home. I picked up my kid in Philly so she was with me for most of it.

Deep Creek Lake in NW Maryland (see above photo) is one of the most beautiful places I have ever experienced. My cousin has a lake place there, so we spent an afternoon on the boat - a lovely day.

But the revelation of the trip was not in the scenery, amazing though it was. The exciting part was spending 24 hours in a car with my kid and enjoying ourselves. Beautiful.

No comments: