Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tough Choice

I heard from 3 friends today about the Obama rally at the Target Center yesterday, all very enthusiastic. Melissa wrote about it - interesting observations "in the moment."

As I have written before, I have mixed feelings about Obama. I worry that he's more abut inspiration than the work of the job, and that if he actually wins he'll never live up to expectations and will be picked apart like crazy. I don't think he will end racism - I think racism will eat him alive.

But I realized recently that black men got the vote several decades before women did in this country, so I suppose it follows that a black man should attain the presidency before a woman.

Although I will support him fully if he wins the nomination, I think that Hillary Clinton would do a fantastic job of restoring America's global reputation and of taking us into the next era. I just want her to get the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least we have two people who appear to be working for the American people, rather than corporations. Plus, neither one strikes me as a party kids coasting on Daddy's money. So the change will be good, either way.