Sunday, January 14, 2007

Head for DC - Jan 27

There is a peace march scheduled for Saturday, Jan 27 in Washington DC.

Not sure why winter is the best time to have a huge outdoor rally, but I'm not on the planning committee, so no one asked me! (ha ha) Of course DC isn't as cold as MN in January, so maybe it's not a concern.

I have to admit I'm torn. On the one hand, Id' love to go - just for the history-making aspect of it. It would be a cool experience for my 18-year-old daughter. But while other major marches have had influencing the president (or congress) as their goal - hence doing it in DC - this administration won't listen to Americans, and both houses of Congress are now under new leadership, so I don't see what's going to change in policy because of thousands of folks marching on the Mall.

And I'm not a cynic, I swear! :)


No comments: