Monday, December 25, 2006

Whoosh!

Where did December go?

It's not surprising that Christmas night is the first time I've had in a month to even think about writing, but I didn't realize it had been so long.

Other people I know have more pressing things going happening in their lives - one is waiting for her son to come home from Iraq next week - another just lost her sister in a freak accident a month ago - a third is worrying about a stalker ex-boyfriend. Nothing big like that is going on with me! Both of my U classes ended in the first half of the month, so that's no longer even an excuse.

I guess the work/home/socializing routine just gets stepped up a notch in December. More work, more social engagements, and more going on at home. But nothing earth-shattering.

One thing that's nice - my family is about as functional as they come. While other people stress the holidays and dread being around crazy relatives, I have no such problems. My immediate and extended family are all normal and nice, so the holidays are relaxing for us, not stressful. We are blessed.

Joy to the world, the lord is come! :)

No comments: