Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life is Taking Over...

I love thinking about and writing about the world - but I just don't have time these days. Real like is taking over! So my apologies to my friends who faithfully read this blog - I would like to be more interesting for you!

My current Facebook status bar:
Emily is starting spring break wondering what to do first tomorrow: housecleaning or dissertation or wedding invitations or just go to the office?

Housecleaning: I'm meeting with the realtor tomorrow afternoon, after which I expect to have a pretty significant to-do list with regard to getting the house ready to go on the market next week. The staging lady will help too, but it doesn't take brains to de-clutter - just time!

Dissertation: My literature review - prereq to oral prelims, which precede written prelims, all of which are supposed to be getting done this semester so I can get kicking on the dissertation in the fall... is running a little late.

Invitations: JP and I discovered yesterday that we have different ideas about when wedding invitations should be sent out - I always thought 2 months in advance, he was thinking 4-6 weeks. Bless him, he's on board with trying to get them out this week! (The reception's not until August, so those invitations can wait... :)

Office: Yes, my boss & I have two projects we've decided need to get tackled this week, even though it's spring break. Actually, that's the best time - no other distractions. But I think that's going to have to wait until about Wednesday...

I won't quit blogging completely - I still want to do a more thorough review of the Obama administration with regard to Gen X - but that's it for now.

No comments: